VISION, MISSION & ETHOS
The unified voice of business which serves to keep business interests at the heart of economic and socio-economic policy.
MISSION AND PURPOSE
BUSA aims to ensure that organised business plays a constructive role in ensuring an economic and socio-economic environment conducive to inclusive economic growth, development and economic transformation. Such an environment is critical for businesses of all sizes and in all sectors to thrive, expand and be competitive both domestically and internationally.
As BUSA, we:
- Behave with honesty, integrity and transparency
- Treat each other with dignity and respect
- Have a shared commitment to social and economic development in South Africa and to the broad aspirations embodied in the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, African Agenda 2063 and the National Development Plan.
- Use the business voice to promote SA domestically and internationally
- Have a shared view that black and women economic empowerment is necessary to transform and make the economy grow and create sustainable jobs
- Embrace diversity and equal opportunity
- Promote good governance and ethical standards
- Respect and promote Human Rights
- Care for the environment
- Promote the building of capacity, skill and lifelong learning
- Have a willingness to change, adapt and constantly seek better options for growth
- Work in partnership and collaborating with stakeholders
- Endeavour to have an evidence basis to our input
- Embrace the market economy and responsible corporate citizenship