Business Unity South Africa in partnership with leaders from the African Union and European Union, development banks, and private sectors are joining forces to boost #GreenTransition in Africa Earth globe Europe-Africa on 16 April: https://bit.ly/3cDp9NG
African Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy Amani Abou-Zeid; Portugal’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Augusto Santos Silva; European Commission’s Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans.
High-level representatives from the European Commission and the African Union Commission, development banks and private sector CEOs will join an online roundtable to discuss the rapid green energy transformation in Africa and how they will contribute to bridging the energy gap in the continent.
- Increasing the renewable share in Africa’s energy mix and access to sustainable energy services
- Promoting energy and resource efficiency
- Supporting policy and regulatory reforms, capacity building and technical assistance
- Leveraging private investments through blending and de-risking instruments
- Reinforcing Africa-EU business cooperation and public-private partnerships
- Developing cutting-edge technologies through research and innovation
For more information, download the flyer here