World Consumer Rights Day – the annual occasion that unites citizens and consumer advocates from around the world to highlight the most pressing issue facing people in the marketplace. This year, we are raising our collective voice to advocate for an energy transition that puts people and diverse communities at the centre of change.
You are cordially invited to attend the headline session of our 2023 Clean Energy Conference, which we are holding to celebrate the occasion.
Our Consumer Vision for Clean and Affordable Energy
Wednesday 15 March 1 pm – 2.30 pm UTC | 2 pm – 3.30 pm CET | 9 am – 10.30 am EDT | 9 pm – 10.30 pm HKT | 12 am – 1.30 am AEDT
In 2022 Consumer International Members shared the extent of rising prices for consumers with 1/5 reporting price increases of more than 100%. Consumers find themselves in the eye of the storm, picking up the bill for skyrocketing fossil fuel prices. The twin challenge is to help consumers through current difficulties whilst enabling a rapid transition that protects consumers from price crises going forward. What are the difficult trade-offs that can no longer be skirted? What are the potential benefits of redesigning systems to put consumers and their needs at the centre?
Our high-level panel includes:
- Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy
- Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Gilly Wong, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Consumer Council
- Saroja Sundaram, Executive Director, Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group
- Stefan Larenas, President, Organisation of Consumers and Users of Chile (ODECU)
- Katie Jereza, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Electric Power Research Institute
Please feel free to share the online Conference programme with your colleagues and network – and I look forward to seeing you there!